1. What league(s) are you/have you been affiliated with? Upstate Roller Girl Evolution(URGE) and GreenvilleDerby Dames(GDD)
2. How long have you been skating (derby)? I started skating in September of 2010 but due to some medical problems had to stop in November of 2010. I started back 120% in July of 2011, so 11 months.
3. How did you discover roller derby?I get a sports medicine newsletter every month and it gives the dates of local sports teams events. I saw it on there and thought it would be a great way to get in shape and have fun doing it.
4. List your notable derby injuries... Um lets see, I was full body checked by Madam Melee in September of 2011 and broke my left wrist in 5 places. Still not fully flexible in that wrist!!
5. What do you do to get in to “derby mode”? I try to relax and listen to Five Finger Death Punch or Mudvaineto calm my nerves.
6. How did you select your derby name and number? My husband said I should be Premeditated but I wanted to add Violence to it. My husband then countered it and said it should be Violets since purple is my favcolor. The number is actually the South Carolina police ten code for assault and battery with intent to kill. So, Premeditated Violets, 620 was born.
7. How do you pay the bills, feed your derby addiction? I work two jobs doing ultrasound and I am first aid and CPR certified.
8. Most notable derby accomplishment?Joining GDD and completing 90 laps in 17 minutes and 10 seconds.
9. Favorite food? Cool ranch Doritos and sour cream. Don't knock it till you try it.
10. Favorite derby moment? I actually have two. Asking Madam Melee to be my Derby Wife and her accepting, and making my first ever B team roster.
11. Any hidden talents off the track? I can sew and embroider, knit and crochet, although very limited.
12. Any hobbies besides derby? I have a knack for making baby blankets, burp cloths, dresses, and such.
13. Favorite book? Anything that has words.
14. Favorite song that gets you pumped for derby? Destroyer by Static-X
15. What celebrity should totally do derby? Queen Latifah, she could booty block the whole track! I love that woman!
16. Do you have Tattoos? I have lots of them and have lots more to get! What, where, and why? I have Winnie the Pooh characters around my right ankle, a memorial tattoo on my left calf for my first love who died very young (21 years old), several on my back, but my newest is my derby tat that my husband designed for me it is on the back of my right calf.
17. What is something that most people don’t know, or would never guess about you? I used to be a push over. I avoided confrontations, agreed with everyone else instead of having my own opinions, and I was miserable. Then my husband came along and helped me change that. Derby helped solidify it.
18. What was your previous athletic background, if any? I have never exercised or really played a sport till Derby. I played very little minor things in track and field for one year in high school. That. Was. It.
19. Which skater inspires you most, and why? I have two. First for obvious reasons, Madam Melee. She has been my friend and mentor and one of the few people who pushed me and kept me motivated when I was sick. The second is Holly Hunter. I have never met her and she doesn't know I exist, but I have seen her skate and she is an amazing blocker. I hope to be as good as her or better.
20. Do you have any advice for skaters just starting out? Do not develop bad habits. Listen to the coaches and watch your form. Even if it takes you longer to learn it or perfect it, it is better than trying to break bad habits and relearn it the correct way.
21. Favorite Derby Gear? 187 pads, I am still playing around with my skates to find what I absolutely love. I'll get back to you on that!
22. List 3 things that you plan to accomplish in 2012? Learn more strategy, perfect my booty block, balance, and quit popping up, and lose the fear of getting hurt so I can hit harder and take a hit better.
Skater Name: Aim And Kill [AK] #47
What league(s) are you/have you been affiliated with? RRRG, URGE, GDD (Bring the Pain)
How long have you been skating (derby)? This is my 5th season
How did you discover roller derby? A close friend of mine (annathrax) was on RRRG and when I watched her bout, I knew I wanted to skate.
List your notable derby injuries...My right knee has been mostly numb for going on 2 years or more. When I can feel it following a fall...I know I’m in trouble.
What do you do to get in to “derby mode”? I love putting on my "bout-fit"
How did you select your derby name and number? Well, I recently got married and my legal name is Amy Kilpatrick, soooo my name is Aim and Kil - AK47
How do you pay the bills, feed your derby addiction? I help teenagers in learning how to handle emotions and life in general...then after work I can allow myself to do something that helps me with mine - derby!
Most notable derby accomplishment? Most Valuable Player
Favorite food? Bad for me pasta (Ziti Bolognese from Tito's) or bad for me pizza (any kind, any time, any where)
Favorite derby moment? My favorite moment was the first time I was announced in a bout and took my first lap.
Any hidden talents off the track? I am a cat whisperer
Any hobbies besides derby? Talking, not talking, eating cheese, taking Elvis pictures (my cat)
I haven’t written it yet.
Favorite song that gets you pumped for derby?
Loud and Fast will do just fine.
Do you have Tattoos? What, where, and why?
Let's just agree that I don't :)
What is something that most people don’t know, or would never guess about you? I am half of a comedic duo.
What was your previous athletic background, if any? Various athletic activities preceded Derby, none worth mentioning because nothing compares to the sport of roller derby.
Which skater inspires you most, and why? It would be hard to pick just one. Every one of us has a life outside of derby full of responsibilities and hardships. Every one of us pushes ourselves physically and emotionally to be good at this sport. We are a “pack” of friends and I respect any woman that puts on a pair of skates.
Do you have any advice for skaters just starting out? Start running outside of practice and start now...you'll thank me later.
Favorite Derby Gear?
My Helmet, I love the individuality that stickers provide. I have a Punisher Skull in the front of my helmet amd many others of course.
List 3 things that you plan to accomplish in 2012? 3 things to accomplishment in 2012…hmmmm…well, I was hoping to get a year older (which I accomplished this week J), I am registered to run my first 10K on July 4th in Atlanta, and …. Improve as a skater…which is a goal every year.
April is gearing up to be just as busy as March, so I'm going to go ahead and reveal who the featured skater is for this month. It's none other than our lovely cover girl for Season 4, Bout 3 and birthday girl - Conway Hitty #6 string!! She was also recently interviewed by the lovely Kate in Skates so, yeah, yeah - I'm piggy backing again, but Kate does a fabulous job, just in case you missed it. http://www.kateinskates.com/2012/03/conway-hitty25-questions-stalking-your.html
The Dames have been busy! March was a blur! The way the order fell Annathrax was Marches Featured Skater of the Month (I know, I suck). So in case you missed it, I'm gonna give props to the lovely Kate in Skates from Nashville Roller Girls and plug her skater interview with the lovely Anna. Enjoy!!
Greenville Derby Dames