Recreational League and new skaters
Rec League is open to Skaters 18 and up
The Greenville Derby Dames are proud to offer the first Recreational Roller Derby opportunity in the Upstate. If you've ever been curious about the sport of roller derby or just want an amazingly fun way to keep in shape, Rec League is perfect for you! We meet Sundays at the Park Avenue Rec. Center at 1 Sunflower Street Greenville, SC 29601.
All levels are welcome. No prior skating experience is necessary.
- Level 1 - Fundamental skills: skating basics and positional blocking. No Contact.
- Level 2 - Intermediate skills: pack skating, foot work, blocking. Will Learn Contact.
- Level 3 - Intermediate to advanced skills: techniques and game play. Full Contact scrimmaging skaters. Must pass Minimum Skills assessment or have passed in a prior session.
If you have any questions, please email GDDRecLeague@gmail.com or find us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/GddRecLeague
Next rec session begins sunday 7/5/15!!
Step 1: Make sure you meet the Participant Requirements below.
Step 2: Fill out the Registration Form here.
Don't stop here! You must complete step 3 in order to guarantee yourself a spot.
Step 3: Click on the PayPal link below to pay your registration fee ($50).
If it says Sold Out, that means we have reached our maximum of 30 participants and you will be placed on a Waiting List.
- You must be 18 or older.
- You must provide your own equipment (skates, helmet, elbow and knee pads, wrist guards and mouthguard). We have some gear and skates that can be borrowed in an emergency but it is at a first come first serve basis- You must wear safety gear while upright on skates (helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, and wrist guards).
- Rec League runs for an 10 week session and costs $50, paid in advance. There are no refunds for absences during the session.
- For liability reasons, participants are REQUIRED to carry supplemental insurance. This is not optional. Skaters from other leagues with USARS insurance are allowed to participate. Skaters without USARS supplemental insurance MUST purchase WFTDA insurance before participating on skates. WFTDA insurance costs $70 and covers you for the entire calendar year, so it's valid for any 2015 Rec League session.
We recommend you wear long pants or tights of some type and a tank top. You will fall down, so the long pants/tights can help protect your legs. You will work up a sweat, so tank tops will keep you cool. Be sure to bring a mouth guard and water bottle.